Discovery campaigns help you drive action with up to 1 billion monthly active users as they browse content across the YouTube Home feed, Gmail, and Discover. This campaign type also combines rich audience targeting features and visually engaging, native formats to help you better personalize your ads to inspire customer action at scale. By automatically featuring more tailored, relevant ads to people as they research their next purchase, Discovery campaigns help you meet your media marketing goals more effectively with Google Ads.
Before you begin
- Make sure you have sitewide tagging enabled in the account. Make sure that you’ve set up conversion tracking and that you meet the conversion-based eligibility requirements.
- You must comply with Personalized advertising policies.
- Make sure you have sufficient daily budget to account for at least 10X your target CPA bid. Gather your ad’s assets like headlines, descriptions, images, and logos.
This campaign type is only available in the new Google Ads experience.
Step 1. Set up your campaign
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- On the page menu on the left, click Campaigns.
- Click the plus button then select New campaign.
- Choose a marketing objective of either “Website traffic” or “Create a campaign without a goal’s guidance” (If the information in this article doesn’t reflect what you’re seeing, you may have a different version of goals).
- Select the Discovery campaign type.
- Click Continue.
- Pick your geographic and language targeting for this campaign.
- Select your targeting. There are several ways to target your Discovery campaigns to the right audience. You can add the following targeting options: remarketing, similar audiences, in-market, affinity, custom intent audiences and demographics.
- Enter your daily budget and Target CPA bid.
- Click Save and Continue.
- Click Save.
Step 2. Set up your ad
Upload a single image to create your first Discovery ad
- Navigate to your Discovery campaign.
- On the page menu on the left, click Ads & Extensions.
- Click the plus button then select Discovery Ad.
- Enter your assets.
|Headline||Your headlines are the first line of your ad. Headlines can be up to 40 characters. Write headlines that make sense combined with any of your descriptions, images, and landing page. You can enter up to 5 headlines for a single creative.|
|Description||Your descriptions add to your headline and invite people to take action. They can be up to 90 characters. Write descriptions that can be combined with any of your headlines, images, and landing page. You can enter up to 5 descriptions for a single creative.|
|Images||To get the greatest reach, upload multiple 1.91:1 landscape images. You can upload up to 15 marketing images for a single creative.
|Business Name||Only one business name can be provided for a single creative. They can be up to 25 characters.|
|Logos||Upload 1:1 square logos. Logos will be rounded off in ad preview and live rendering. The recommended dimensions are 1200 × 1200, but logos can be as small as 128 × 128. A transparent background is best, as long as the logo is centered. Upload logos that combine well with any of your headlines, descriptions, and images. The maximum file size is 1MB, and most common non-.gif formats are accepted.|
|Final URL||Default landing page that customers will reach on clicking the ad.|
|Call-to-Action text||(selection made from drop-down list).|
If you’d like to generate a second set of asset pairings, you can create a new ad later on. The assets you provide in each ad are used interchangeably only within that ad.
Step 3. Let the system optimize for conversions
Discovery campaigns can take some time to scale and stabilize depending on how many conversions you’re getting (a higher conversion volume typically yields faster optimization). Let the system learn which assets and strategies work best. This can take about 2 weeks, if your campaign has a few conversions a day—a good rule of thumb is to wait for about 40–50 conversions unless you’re not achieving any at all. In that case, consider raising your target CPA bid until conversions start coming in.
14total visits,3visits today