What is incognito browsing?
Browsing incognito is concealing your browsing history on the machine you are using. It’s also called private browsing. The purpose is to prevent other users from telling what you were up to on that particular machine. However incognito browsing does not hide your web activity from your internet service provider, government, employer or any snoopy individual on the web.
The web pages accessed via the incognito tabs will not linger in your cookie store, browser or search history once you exit the incognito tabs.
If you create bookmarks and download files, these will be kept but chrome will not remember that activity.
How private browsing works on Chrome
Private browsing hides your activity on the particular device so that other people using it can’t see what you were up to.
Chrome does not store browsing history or info entered in forms. However site data and cookies are remembered as you go on with browsing, they are then deleted once you exit the Incognito tab.
If you wish you can switch between windows from regular to incognito. Private browsing is only possible via an incognito window.
Your activity could still be monitored
Incognito mode stops Chrome from saving your browsing activity but your activity might still be visible to:
- The websites you visit, including the advertising and resources used on those sites
- The organization you work for, school, or the administrator the network you’re using.
- The company that sales you internet. What they call ISP (Internet Service Provider)
How to Open an Incognito window
- Open chrome normally on your device (computer
- On the right top corner of the window click on more and then New Incognito Window.
- This opens a new window. It should bear the incognito icon in the top right corner-,.
How to Stop Private/Incognito Browsing
To stop incognito browsing, just close all of the incognito windows you may have opened.
- Go to the incognito window on your computer
- Exit the window:
- Windows, Linux, or Chrome OS:At the top right, click Close .
- Mac:At the top left, click Close
340total visits,1visits today