After registration you will be issued with a Huduma number (namba). This however does not invalidate other registration processes like (Registration for ID or birth certificate). It only assists in issuing persons residing in Kenya with an identity number that will pinpoint them across all sectors of government by just typing the number.
NIIMS is a portal for registration of all Kenyan Citizens and foreigners within the country. The National Integrated Identity Management System (NIIMS) is used to establish a master population register that will be the only single source of identify any person in Kenya. The process of NIIMS registration is done offline but the data is stored online and will be shared among different government agencies listed below.
The master population database will be the single entity with all personal information of all Kenyans and foreigners who have acquired citizenship.Biometric data means unique identifiers or attributes including fingerprints, hand geometry, earlobe geometry, retina and iris patterns, voice waves and DNA samples.
Now that we have provided a description of what niims is, here are its functions in brief;
- To create and maintain national population in Kenya
- To assign a unique national identification Huduma number to every person registered.
- Help in issuance of national identification cards, foreigner certificates, births and death certificates, driving licenses, work permits, passports and foreign travel documentation, student identification cards and all other forms of government issued identification documentation
What is Huduma Number (Namba)?
Huduma Number (Namba) is a number provided through NIIMS registration that is the ‘source of truth’ of identity of all persons residing in Kenya. Unlike a national ID or birth certificate that is issued to only Kenyan Citizens, Huduma Number will be issued to all persons residing in Kenya, be it refugees or foreigners.Is it Must to register at NIIMS for Huduma Number?
Yes, this is a must have. If you don’t have Huduma Namber, you will not be able to access government services including registration or renewal or replacement of National ID, Application for Passport, Application or renewal for driving license, Birth certificate e.tcNIIMS Registration Form Filling Details
The niims registration form will collect the following information from you during registration;
- Bio data information
- Nationality (Citizen, Foreigner, Dual Citizen)
- Parent/ guardian details
- Place of birth
- Marital status
- Education details
- Employment status
- Agricultural activities
- Biometric details
- Your Photo
Process of how your information is captured through NIIMS and stored
Below is step by step process on how your information is collected and stored;
- STEP 1: You will fill in a hard copy that contains your bio data, biometrics and photos
- STEP 2: This information is transferred to a registration kit that stores captured data locally
- STEP 3: At the end of the day the information is uploaded to the server
- STEP 4: The data is then the fed to the Huduma Namba Server and UPI is generated.
Where will the Huduma Namber (Namba) be used?
The huduma namber (Namba) will be used for registration and processing of information in the following government departments;
- Refugees Affairs
- Among others that we will list later
How to Register for Huduma Number through NIIMS
Registration for a NIIMS for Huduma Namba (Number) is currently not done online because you are required to present yourself physically. Go to your sub chief office or sub county office if you cannot locate any registration center near your (2017 Voting Centre). In Nairobi CBD, go to the nearest Huduma Center for registration.
1163total visits,2visits today