If you are an M-PESA user, you most likely have send money to the wrong number in the past. If this has happened to you, you must content that getting your money back can be hard if the other person is dishonest.
Worry not, SAFARICOM can help you reverse your funds.
Reverse Lipa Na M-PESA PayBill or Lipa Na M-PESA Buy Goods & Services transaction:
Lipa Na Mpesa has revolutionized how people make payments these days. However it happens that you may make an erroneous payment while attempting your Lipa Na Mpesa transaction. If you happen to pay to the wrong Mpesa Paybill or MPESA Till Buy Goods & Services, do not despair you can get the funds back by getting the M-PESA transaction reversed. Call Safaricom on 234 and ask for them to initiate the MPESA reversal.
Reverse Lipa Na M-PESA PayBill
To reverse a Lipa Na M-PESA PayBill, you have to contact the merchant directly and request for the reversal.If you do not have the merchant number, call Safaricom directory on 191 and ask for the number of the merchant who runs the MPESA PayBill. The business will check the transaction and advice you how soon the M-PESA paybill reversal will be done usually within two days for most businesses.
What You need
- The M-PESA transaction id
- Time you sent the money on MPESA
- Your ID number
- Your full names
There are several ways to initiate the reversal process;
- Sms the word ‘reverse’ to 234 or 100
Then forward the transaction sms received from M-PESA to the number 234
- Call the numbers 234 or 100
Provide the transaction sms received from M-PESA
- You can also chat with Safaricom from their selfcare site or twitter handle @
How to chat with Safaricom from their self-care site
Here is how to chat with Safaricom and have all your issues sorted in the shortest possible time
- Go to Safaricom self-care site https://selfcare.safaricom.co.ke/Home.action
- On the left side of the homepage there is a live chat tab click on it
- When you move the cursor to it you will get “DO you need help?” “Talk to us”
- When you click on it a pop up window will appear. You will need to fill in the details i.e. Name, Phone number and your question.
- Once you fill in all the above click on start chat at the bottom right of the page
- It will take a few seconds and you will get a response e.g. you are now chatting with xyz …
- Once this happens be sure your query will be handled unless your internet goes off.
2449total visits,1visits today