Branding is a marketing practice in which a company creates a name, symbol or design that is easily identifiable as belonging to the company.
Types of Branding.
1. Name Brand Recognition.A well-established company will often use the weight of its own name brand to extend to its products. Most often, a company with large name brand recognition can be recognized by its logo, slogan, or colors.
2. Individual Branding.Sometimes a larger company may produce products that carry their own weight independent of the parent company. This strategy involves establishing the brand as a unique identity that is easily recognizable.
3. Attitude Branding.Ambiguous marketing can often go above the actual product itself in the case of attitude branding. These brands all use strategies that bring to life personality and a customized experience with products and services.
4. No-brand Branding.A minimalist approach can speak volumes. No-brand products are often simple and generic in design.
5. Brand Extension.Brand extension occurs when one of your flagship brands ventures into a new market. Say you have a shoe company that is now making jackets, athletic wear, and fragrances. The brand name carries its own identity to your product mix.
561total visits,1visits today