Over the recent years, mobile banking has become very popular in Africa, with Mpesa, dominating the Kenyan market. This trend however, has come with a number of challenges. At some point, you have sent money to the wrong Mpesa number. Nowadays, you don’t have to worry when this happens because there are high chances that you will get back your money back, thanks to the reversal code devised my Safaricom.
How To Reverse an Mpesa Transaction
- Once you realize that you have sent money to the wrong Safaricom MPESA number, open the transaction message you received.
- Copy that message, create a blank SMS, paste it and send to the number 456.
- You will get a message from Safaricom that they have received the reversal request and that you will get an update in a few minutes.
- Safaricom will do their best to reverse that transaction.
- It is advisable that you do this immediately to avoid the wrong recipient withdrawing the money causing inconveniences.
Remember to always make use of the Safaricom application which allows you to check the name of the recipient before you confirm the transaction. For non-smartphone users, the code, *334# has a send money option, which gives you an opportunity to truly confirm the details of a transaction before it can progress. This will greatly help you minimize erroneous transactions.