The National AIDS Control Council (NACC) was established under Section 3 of the State Corporations Act Cap 446 through the National AIDS Control Council Order, 1999 published vide Legal Notice No. 170 of 1999. The council is mandated to lead, mobilize resources and coordinate the implementation of the HIV response in Kenya.
What does NACC do?:
- Develop policies, strategies and guidelines to address all the aspects of the HIV response
- Mobilize resources and provide grants to implementing partners for the HIV response
- Coordinate and supervise the implementation of the HIV programmes in the country
- Identify and address sector-specific training needs and devise appropriate manpower development strategies
- Facilitate the setting up of effective sectoral programmes for the management and control of HIV
- Mobilize stakeholders including state and non-state actors to participate in the prevention and management of the HIV response
- Develop national management information systems for the HIV response
- Develop appropriate mechanisms for the monitoring and evaluation of the HIV and Sexually Transmitted Infections programmes
- Lead in the advocacy and public relations for the HIV response
- Collaborate with the local and international agencies which work in the HIV response
Where are the NACC Offices located?
National Aids Control Council offices are located in Landmark Plaza on the 9th Floor, found on Argwings Kodhek Road in Nairobi.
The National Aids Control Council postal address is P.O. Box 61307 – 00200 Nairobi.
The telephone contacts of National Aids Control Council are 254 (020) 2896000 and 2711261. The Fax details are 254 (020) 2711231 and 2711072.
The email address of National Aids Control Council in Kenya is firstname.lastname@example.org.
The website of National Aids Control Council is at http://nacc.or.ke/.