Usually, you do not have to manually reset GOtv after payment. You just need to pay GOtv subscription with the decoder turned on, and everything should work fine. However, you might encounter errors E16 and E30 that will require you to restart your decoder.
If you have just paid for the monthly subscription and the decoder fails to reactivate automatically, this article will show you how to activate GOTV after payment and clear the e-16 error. There are several ways to go about GOTV Activation. Try one or all to see the one that works for you.
How to Activate GOTV after Payment via message
Send a text that says ‘Reset + your IUC number’ to 4688 (the default GOtv reset code). IUC stands for Identification User Code. It is the unique serial number of your decoder that can be found on a red sticker on the bottom panel of the decoder.
How to Activate GOTV after Payment via Phone
Alternatively, you can use USSD codes *423# or *288*1# on any cell phone network to get to Customer Care and speak with someone about your issue.
Activate GOTV Online
Apart from using your phone, you can also reset your GOtv decoder online. Follow these steps to do it:
1. Visit the GOtv website on your laptop or phone.
2. Log into your Eazy GOtv account using your IU account number and surname.
3. Go to the GOtv self-service.
4. Click on the “Clear Error Code” dialogue box.
5. Enter your IUC number and then select GOtvE16.
6. Enter the error code displayed on your screen and click on “Clear Error”.
7. Then click on “Reset device now” option.
This should reset your GOtv decoder.
Reset GOtv channels via Menu
To recover your missing channels, you can try these steps:
1. Press “Menu” on your remote. Select “Advanced Options”.
2. Then select “Installation”. Select “Tuning”.
3. Then select “Automatic Scan” and press the “OK” button.
4. Press the exit button on the remote once scanning is completed.
5. This should restore your subscribed channels.
6. Remember: do not interrupt the scanning while it is still in progress.
Request for Assistance from Customer care
If everything else fails, contact GOTV through their facebook page or Twitter Handle and request them to help with GOTV Activation by resetting your decoder for. You’ll need to give them your GOTV account number.
If you are yet to make your payment. Here’s a post that’ll walk you through paying your GOTV bill via Mpesa, Airtel or Equitel.
How to Activate GOTV for the First Time
You just bought, installed and connected your GOTV decoder and are now wondering how to Activate it for the very first time. First, ensure that the decoder is switched on and that it has scanned for available channels. Now get your IUC number from the red sticker under your decoder.
Using you phone, type the following message …Accept*IUC NUMBER *NAME *Phone number *State*GOtvplus# and send it to your country’s short code. Kenyan GOTV short code is 22688.