The Teachers Service Commission (TSC) has introduced a new payslip portal for teachers. You can now access your TSC online payslip at https://tpay.tsc.go.ke/. You will still use your TSC number and password as used in the old T-pay portal; payslip.tsc.go.ke/. In case you have forgotten your password, then you can easily reset it.
You may be wondering what the various acronyms, appearing on your payslips, represent. Here is a guide to the abbreviations used on your payslip.
This is the short form of Social Welfare Associations. They form part of the third party deductions and include BBFs (Burial and Benevolent Funds), SACCOs and Teachers’ Unions. For deductions to these third parties to be effected, you must authorize them, online.
This shows the amount you are contributing to the new Superannuation pension scheme.
This is a short expression for Insurance Provider. Some teachers have registered with private insurance companies and remit funds to them via the TSC check off system.
An acronym for SACCO Loan. This is the amount of salary committed to offset a SACCO loan.
This means Commercial Loan. Shows the amount of salary slashed to offset a commercial bank loan.
The funds checked off a teacher’s salary on monthly basis towards his/ her savings at the SACCO.
TERMS OF SERVICE
A teacher is either on Permanent and Pensionable terms (P&P) or on Probation (Prob). Whichever is appropriate will be shown on your payslip.
OTHER ACRONYMS ON YOUR TSC PAYSLIP
Here is a list of other short forms appearing on your payslip:
- PAYE Auto; The monthly Pay As You Earn (PAYE) deductions.
- MPR; This is the amount of Monthly Personal Relief (MPR).
- NHIF Contribution; Monthly statutory deductions towards the National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF). This affects all government employees.
- PF Num; Your Personal File Number which is your TSC Number.
- RoD; The date when you are expected to attain the mandatory retirement age.
- Designation; Your job grade i.e Secondary Teacher II..
- ID Num; Your National Identity Card Number.
- Tax PIN; Your KRA PIN.
ALSO READ: HOW TO LOGIN, REGISTER AND DOWNLOAD PAYSLIP